Wednesday 20 February 2008

headway for UK MOMO MUMS

Well im super pleased today, i got some great news, ive been i guess you could say campaigning for midwives over here to be made more aware of what a momo pregnancy is and entails,also the treatment it requires and also to encourage midwives and doctors to consider inpatient monitoring. Well i got an email today to say they are going to publish an article about momos by me in the midwives magazine,that is read by 37000 midwives across the U.k im absoloultley thrilled!!! just got to get to work on the article has to be submitted within 7 days,so im just trying to gather some advice and more info and stats of the ladies in the USA etc... to include in the article, who knows if the very least i can do is open up some midwives eyes to the situation which means that there next momo lady that they encounter will hopefully have a bit more understanding and empathy, and the lady will feel at least more supported and reassured that she doesnt have to keep explaining herself time and time again, then thats got to be worth something.x

5 comments:

Debra said...

THAT IS SO GREAT!!!! You are awesome!!! I bet Laura, Angie and Janet would help you if you need any info!!

I read your comment on my Facebook. My boys are doing well. Bunch of MONKEYS. Seriously, they are adorable, but SO active and climbing on everything in sight. I am very much looking forward to spring when I can send them outside to the yard to play and climb to their hearts content!

Jocasta said...

Rebecca you are doing such a great job - good on you

rebeccastar8 said...

thanks guys i do my best,yeah Laura ,Angie was an angel in helping out with it.They have said they may have to change some of ther wording just hope they dont change the vital parts,else i will be hopping mad!!!

lol.. debs i totally hear ya on the cant wait for spring to come,dont know how you do it with 5 in total im shattered with the two and my workload!!! cant wait to have some more kids myself tho i might catch you both up some day if i meet prince charming lol.. fingers xsd xx

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Hi Rebecca! I just found your blog. Congrats on your article about momo's. I really hope it helps UK mums get better care for momo's. Your boys are so adorable!! Can we set them up with my girls when they are older???!!

Laura said...

You have done such a great job trying to create awareness and change for the MOMO moms in your area! It's wonderful! Your boys are ADORABLE!